Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Nativity






Todd's family has a tradition to reenact the Nativity. Ruby even has costumes and the grand kids love to dress up and do it. So this year I thought it would be fun to try to do it. Todd brought a dress and hats back from Afghanistan so they wore them. Katie played Mary, Billy Joseph, and Todd, Uncle Darrel, and Johnny were the three wise men. Halfway through Ellie decided she really wanted to hold the baby Jesus and so she got to be in the play too. I need to work on a few more costumes for next time. I need to get some angels and a Shepherd. It was nice to add a spiritual note to Christmas. After Todd read "Twas the Night Before Christmas," which is another tradition.
My Uncle Dan, his wife Theresa, and her daughter Brodie came over for dinner. Since Todd missed Thanksgiving I made a big Christmas Eve dinner. We had turkey and ham and all the regular stuff. It was yummy! Plus it is nice to celebrate Holidays with family! We opened up one present (plus exchanged gifts with Dan and Theresa). Tradition is to open one present on Christmas Eve (pajamas). That way we are all dressed in our new PJ's for Christmas day pictures. Then it was time for bed so Santa could come:)

No comments: