We have had a good week and a half. Two Saturdays ago we took the cog train up to the top of Pikes Peak. IT was cold but not bad for the fall. The kids liked the train but did get a little bored. We were tired of trying to keep Johnny happy by the time we got back as he had to stay in our row and didn't like it. It was a beautiful view. Then this last week Todd had a four day weekend so we used the rest of our timeshare points to stay near Rocky National Park. It is a little northwest of Denver. There wasn't much to do though as we went in between seasons. We were hoping for some skiing for Todd but the slopes weren't open yet. So we spent the two days hiking in the national forest. There was snow so the kids had a blast playing in it. The second day we hiked up to a little waterfall and then Todd and Katie hiked farther while Grandma the boys and I went back and hung out in the car. When Todd and Katie got back she made about over 30 snow angels in the parking lot. She had fun. So we had a good time. We had a hot tub in our apartment and Katie and Johnny loved getting in. Billy got in the first day and didn't like the bubbles so he wouldn't go in after that.
This week we have been getting ready for family to come. Jennie and Mike are coming in Saturday:):):) and it couldn't come soon enough. I haven't seen them since last Christmas. Then the week after that Grandma and Grandpa Stull and Typhena, Jesse, Alexis and Lacie are coming for Thanksgiving. So we have a lot to be thankful for. Billy is excited for Lacie to come. He said he wants to sleep by here. She is his best friend. It is nice they had over a year to live by each other. Today I took Billy to school and while we were waiting for it to start a boy in his class named Jacob (who is very nice and always tries to talk with Billy)came over and tried giving Billy a hug. He was turning away and I told Billy that he wasn't shy anymore. And Billy said", I'm shy again". All the parents laughed. It definitely takes him a while to open up to other kids.
Yesterday I bought advanced tickets so we can see Twilight next Friday. Mike and Todd are taking Jennie and I on a double date. Well we are making them but they are good sports about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thats so great that you get to see your sister and her family! I showed Kenzie your pictures again today, and tried to explain that you were her aunt and that your kids were her cousins. This time she was more excited and says, when do I get to see them? Can I go there? Where do they live? The last time I showed her was a few weeks ago and she didn't quit understand. After having her cousin Karston stay at our house for nearly a week, she kinda understand cousins and aunts and uncles. Now she constantly asks to go to aunt who-evers or cousin who-evers. Its really cute. Well enjoy your time with family! Glad your trip went well! Bye.
Post a Comment