Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ultrasound

So the day of the ultrasound finally made it yesterday. I was so excited to see if a boy or girl would be the final addition to our family. We had joked that maybe the baby wouldn't cooperate but I didn't think that it would actually be the case. But it was. She or he didn't want to move his legs. The Lady spent over ten minutes trying. She was great. We only got about two glances and both appeared not to have anything hanging but they weren't very good glances. The other worrisome info was that the kidneys look like they have more fluid in them then they should. So that seems to lead us to think it might be a boy. (all our boys have some sort of surgery) And if this baby has kidney problems then it is the same thing Billy had. The good part about it if it does is we are in America and not Germany and we know what would be in store for us. Hopefully the kidneys will be ok. I don't know when we will find out.
So we still are having an it and now have to prepare a boy and a girls name. Katie was disappointed not to know. I told her when she got back from school and she was sad. She really wants a baby sister. Now I just have to be patient to see the results from the ultrasound.

3 comments:

Anne Osman said...

Sorry you don't know for sure if it is a boy or girl. Hopefully everything will be ok with the kidneys. I hope it is a girl. The girls are way outnumbered.

Christensen Family said...

Darn it. Hope all will be well though. I love your flightless bird song I have it on mine too! It was fun seeing you over the holiday. Todd did a good job in the races. talk to you later here is my blog http://christensenfamily1.blogspot.com/

Karalee said...

I'm so excited to hear about your pregnancy. You should post pictures of yourself!! I love prego pictures. Hope it's going well and your feeling great. :)